Liebling, mein Herz laesst Dich gruessen


















Darling, my heart
is a slow
fox flitting under
the tables
of repossessed mansions.
My heart
trots
with its handsome
companion
as our walls and floors are 
mortgaged 
nine
and ninety fathoms under
for the next thirty 
years. My heart leaps
like five weasels
squirming 
inside a three-piece suit
just before your
reverse 
twin is 
absorbed.  My heart
hurts, leafling
with an ice cream
cone, cruising 
for a dusting 
of powdered sugar. 
My hart is slain
by lumpen huns;
my mind plots: a numb
dagger, glass,
to pick the lock 
wherein in pieces
dictophone cylinders
repose with a tiny derringer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

from (C)OVID'S METAMORPHOSIS, Book the Fifth

Calliope sings: Persephone's fate It's too late to question the logic of curses, to second guess why some birds deserve h...