Circus Performers


I have always wanted
to put on a show.  I have
always

wanted to know
whose views are those
when I run

my diagnostics.  I can
put on my red
shoes, but

I won't dance
unless there's bread,
cheese,

a decent dry cleaner
within walking distance
& a garrison

of guards to touch
my cheek
before they seize my

phone & leave me
stranded
in a one-horse town

whose horse is
gravely ill. 
We rolled

seven good execs
for this livery,
which adds an air

of respectability
to the proceedings.
Even the Frog Boy

looks stunning
as he mounts
his tiny bicycle.

All the world's
a stage
but the next

world is a circus.
Send in the clowns.
It's time to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

from (C)OVID'S METAMORPHOSIS, Book the Fifth

Calliope sings: Persephone's fate It's too late to question the logic of curses, to second guess why some birds deserve h...