Lost in the Stars




Serial plaint let me break
out my tiny
violence; Dark Star my
junk heap so quick
gets you disappointed
in 12 parsecs. 
Deleterious chagrined
we are holding out
for a hero or god to boop
the nosebleed
of the old fashioned
spaceman with his
face hugged
by a clingy co-pilot.
In my cereal, big
stars & little stars small
as grains of sand.  Glass
ground so fine that
you get used to
the morning juice boost
burning its way thru
you. People say we were
promised zero gravity but
all I ever expected
were some hydroponic
parsnips grown on Mars
to toss on the salad
I serve in their paupers'
bowls.



No comments:

Post a Comment

from (C)OVID'S METAMORPHOSIS, Book the Fifth

Calliope sings: Persephone's fate It's too late to question the logic of curses, to second guess why some birds deserve h...