Metropolis



A gauze
over

a sideways
     gaze

I
aver                    a venus

I mean
there's fur &

filigree               I agree
to be

blind
I find                  the cold

shoulder
I grow bolder

when nobody notices
my many

crutches
I rush to barricade

I beg
to be                  in the bass

saxophone; a cerulean
ovesight

the warm cadre
in the backroom

mirrors the gloom
                          outside

put on your red shoes
& tremble

like a flower or
delirium tremens

wholesome thugs
trade this                  for a spear

& a jawbone                  &
the band still

played on                  until their turn
against the wall


No comments:

Post a Comment

from (C)OVID'S METAMORPHOSIS, Book the Fifth

Calliope sings: Persephone's fate It's too late to question the logic of curses, to second guess why some birds deserve h...