Exploding To Death!! The Beautiful Human Wannabe!!


Cry no tears, great
robot, but understand burning
friendship inside
the science institute.  

Nobody gets hurt
when you play your ocarina
for the gradient sunset.
Rise up

as a beast at the behest
of a reptilian general
when the children dance
in rings beside the silos

filled with countless
canisters oozing toxic
chemicals.  The budget
isn’t enough

for a full mutant
suit, so you’ll only ever
see me from the
waist up.  These claws

are not my
fault.  The government
has covered up
so much more than

my nether regions
of brittle ash.  When the thunder
breaks o’er my prone dome,
blame a man

with his face on his chest
for I learned to love
the mewling babes
even still my rows of thorns

& gills made them weep
just as my killswitch
fails at the final
hour of our

trials; scramble
brain condor,
breast boomerang,
throw your fists
at UFOs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

from (C)OVID'S METAMORPHOSIS, Book the Fifth

Calliope sings: Persephone's fate It's too late to question the logic of curses, to second guess why some birds deserve h...