I Am Am Alone





Without a paddle or even
a conception of what paddle is


Where is friend?  Where is
anybody?  Everything that was


& will be in my book
until I am woke


by drum-sounds in the early
hours


The duck isn’t real
nor the water but


a water of the mind
To the sea


with me  Where is
wind?  I’m am


a plant a cone
in the shrink


crinkling candy wrappers
as the ships


are listed & your
canoe is not


among them because
you ate


the paperwork
Where is lamp?


I love
dark & night


is when I sleep
without a friend


without a skeleton
with just


snoozing &
snore  Where is


sleeping
cap?  Gas


mask?  Who
these crumbs


adumbrate.
Get sleepy.


Get sleep
perchance


to float all the way
to the octopus’s


hydrothermal electric plant
powering a nation

of cracked phones

No comments:

Post a Comment

from (C)OVID'S METAMORPHOSIS, Book the Fifth

Calliope sings: Persephone's fate It's too late to question the logic of curses, to second guess why some birds deserve h...