Cream of Traffic

It’s everything
you ever
wanted.
Which is to say
nothing.  
If you have a job
you love
you’ll die
& so will the other motherfuckers
trapped under this tarp.
In 1983 burning skeletons
vaporized on the TV
while a man
hid behind his car.
Fuck your car
said a man;
nuclear annihilation
is better than
a job you love.
I love my car
like it was
somebody
else’s car catching fire
in the middle of the Walt
Whitman Bridge.  There is something
to be said for trying something
new.  Some things are better
left burning.  Some
new burns are better
than old wounds. A laser
cauterizes its own
amputation.
Nobody is stuck
in here with me.
I’m sticking
to my story
& also the seat,
which is fine.  Everything
is fine & I shall not
want except
for one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

from (C)OVID'S METAMORPHOSIS, Book the Fifth

Calliope sings: Persephone's fate It's too late to question the logic of curses, to second guess why some birds deserve h...