Endgame



Each of these stones
is a neck


chain, is a blood
bowl.  Each


of these spider
bites


is retroactive. Is
radio


static.  Each
individual lion


is a limb,
including the head.


The head is where
everything goes


wrong.  Each
time I try, I fall


further into the pit
of me, the epitome


is apostasy.  
Let there be


nothing
& nobody


gets hurt each
time I think


this is it
there’s another


need for
something outside


of me made
better


by half a wit’s
endless brevity


anomie, lethargy
moving in


with their
parents


for some time
off time


to go time
to say hello


Hell--O
goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

from (C)OVID'S METAMORPHOSIS, Book the Fifth

Calliope sings: Persephone's fate It's too late to question the logic of curses, to second guess why some birds deserve h...